Hello,

sorry for the very long delay, I didn't understood you waited an answer
from my side on this. (the debate seemed to be between maintainers)
do not hesitate to bug me if I'm not answering after some days.

to answer shortly:
- -yes I've tested the patch submited on this thread by Scott and it
solved my issues.
- -no, I havent tested the patch submited by George, I can have a quick
try if needed.

as of "which one wins", I'm quite sure you have more clues than me on
the subjet :)