Hi
I solved this problem in such a way that my master listens for
messages from everybody (MPI_ANY_SOURCE) and reacts to all tags
(MPI_ANY_TAG).
By looking at the status variable set by MPI_Recv, the master can find
out who sent the message (status.MPI_SOURCE) and what tag it has
(status.MPI_TAG)
and react accordingly

Jody