The problem was that orted couldn't find ssh nor rsh on that machine.
I've added my installation to PATH and it now works.
So one question: I will definitely not use MPI_Comm_spawn or any
related stuff. Do I need this ssh? If not, is there any way to say
orted that it shouldn't be looking for ssh because it won't need it?

Regards,
Grzegorz Maj