Ralph,

thanks for investigating.

I've applied the two patches you mentioned earlier and ran with the
ompi server. Although i was able to runn our standalone test, when I
integrated the changes to our code, the processes entered a crazy loop
and allocated all the memory available when calling MPI_Port_Connect.
I was not able to identify why it works standalone but not integrated
with our code. If I found why, I'll let your know.

looking forward to your findings. We'll be happy to test any patches
if you have some!

p.