Thanks

im looking at the manual, seems good.
i think now the picture is more clear.

i have a very custom algorithm, local problem of research,
paralelizable, thats where openMPI enters.
then, at some point on the program, all the computation traduces to
numeric (double) matrix operations, eigenvalues and derivatives. thats
where a library like PETSc makes its appearance. or a lower level
solution would be GSL and manually implement paralelism with MPI.

in case someone chooses, a highlevel library like PETSc and some low
level openMPI for its custom algorithms, is there a race for MPI
problem?