On Tue, Aug 10, 2010 at 9:49 PM, Alexandru Blidaru <alexs...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Are the Boost.MPI send and recv functions as fast as the standard ones when
> using Open-MPI?

Boost.MPI is layered on top of plain MPI; it basically provides a
mapping from complex and user-defined C++ data types to MPI datatypes.
The added overhead depends on how complex the C++ data structures are;
there are some tweaks and hints that can reduce the overhead, it's all
explained in the manual.

There are also some performance comparison available in the Boost.MPI
manual:

  http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_43_0/doc/html/mpi/performance.html

Best regards,
Riccardo

P.S. I think discussion of Boost.MPI is off-topic on the OMPI mailing
list; feel free to email me privately or move discussion to the
Boost.MPI mailing-list.