On Aug 30, 2010, at 6:48 PM, David Turner wrote:

> We have recently upgraded our default compiler suite from
> PGI 10.5 to PGI 10.8.  We use the "module" system to manage
> third-party software.  The module for PGI sets PATH and
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH.
>
> Using Open MPI 1.4.2, built with PGI 10.5, I have verified
> that changing PATH is sufficient for the Open MPI compiler
> wrappers to pick up version 10.8 of the PGI compilers.
> However, it appears that the 10.5 PGI libraries are "wired"
> into the wrappers somehow.  So I get an executable that
> has been compiled with PGI 10.8 but linked against PGI 10.5
> libraries.
>
> Short of rebuilding Open MPI with PGI 10.8, is there any
> (safe, reliable) way to get the compiler wrappers to link
> against the PGI 10.8 libraries?  Thanks!

Sorry for the latency in reply.

I would guess that the Open MPI libraries have been linked against the PGI 10.5
libraries, and it might not be easy to dis-entangle them.  It *might* be a
simple as changing your LD_LIBRARY_PATH, but it might not.

Since there's some question as to how to do it properly, it's probably safest /
easiest / least total time spent to just build another copy of OMPI against
10.8.  :-\

For corporate legal information go to: