Hello,

My question concerns the display of error message generated by a throw
std::runtime_error("Explicit error message").
I am launching on a terminal an openMPI program on several machines using:
mpirun -v -machinefile MyMachineFile.txt MyProgram.
I am wondering why I cannot see an error message displayed on the terminal
when one of my distant node (meaning not the node where the terminal is
used) is crashing. I was expecting that following try catch could also
generates a display in the terminal:
try {...My code where a crash happens... }
{
  throw std::runtime_error( "Explicit error message" );
}

Generally, my problem is that one of the node crashes and the global
application waits forever data from this node. On the terminal, nothing is
displayed indicating that the node has crashed and generated a useful
information of the crash nature.

( I don't think these information are relevant here, but just in case: I am
using openMPI 1.4.2, on a Mandriva 2008 system )

Thanks in advance for any help/info/advice.

Olivier