The data are read from a file and processed before calculations begin, so I
think that mapping will not work in our case.

Global Arrays look promising indeed. As I said, we need to put just a part
of data to the shared section. John, do you (or may be other users) have an
experience of working with GA?

http://www.emsl.pnl.gov/docs/global/um/build.html
*When GA runs with MPI:*

MPI_Init(..)      ! start MPI
GA_Initialize()   ! start global arrays
MA_Init(..)       ! start memory allocator

   .... do work

GA_Terminate()    ! tidy up global arrays
MPI_Finalize()    ! tidy up MPI
                  ! exit program