Thanks a lot for your reply. By commenting code B, I mean if I remove the
code B part, then the time spent on code A seems to run faster. I do have a
lot of communications in code B too. It involves 500 procs. I had thought
code B should have no effect on the time spent on code A if I use
MPI_Barrier.

Linbao