No, I do not believe so. First, I assume you are trying to build either 1.4 or 1.5, not the trunk. Secondly, I assume you are building from a tarfile that you have downloaded. Assuming these two things are true, then (as stated in the bug report), prior to running configure, you want to make the following edits to config/libtool.m4 in all the places you see it. ( I think just one place)

FROM:

       *Sun\ F*)
         # Sun Fortran 8.3 passes all unrecognized flags to the linker
         _LT_TAGVAR(lt_prog_compiler_pic, $1)='-KPIC'
         _LT_TAGVAR(lt_prog_compiler_static, $1)='-Bstatic'
         _LT_TAGVAR(lt_prog_compiler_wl, $1)=''
         ;;

TO:

       *Sun\ F*)
         # Sun Fortran 8.3 passes all unrecognized flags to the linker
         _LT_TAGVAR(lt_prog_compiler_pic, $1)='-KPIC'
         _LT_TAGVAR(lt_prog_compiler_static, $1)='-Bstatic'
         _LT_TAGVAR(lt_prog_compiler_wl, $1)='-Qoption ld '
         ;;

Note the difference in the lt_prog_compiler_wl line. Then, you need to run ./autogen.sh. Then, redo your configure but you do not need to do anything with LDFLAGS. Just use your original flags. I think this should work, but I am only reading
what is in the ticket.

Rolf