I have been experimenting with some simple fortran test programs to
write files with some of the MPI-IO functions, and have come across a
troubling issue.  I use the function MPI_FILE_SET_VIEW with the 'native'
data representation and correctly write a file with MPI_FILE_WRITE_ALL.
However, if I change to the 'external32' representation, the file is
truncated, with a length that suggest that either only one process did a
write, or each process wrote to the same location.  I was assuming that
changing to the 'external32' representation would only do a byteswap
similar to what some compilers options can do with conventional fortran
IO.  Am I mis-interpreting the way to implement this feature?

I have attached my script/test program.

T. Rosmond