There is no restriction to use the C/R functionality in Open MPI in a TM
environment (that I am aware of), if you use the ompi-checkpoint/ompi-restart
commands directly.

If you want TM to checkpoint/restart Open MPI processes for you as part of the
resource management role, then there is a bit of a work around that you have to
go through. The 'cr_mpirun' wrapper (mentioned in the email) that BLCR is/will
be providing does the necessary things to make the two work together. The BLCR
folks would be the best to contact if there are issues of compatibility when
using that script since they maintain it.

-- Josh