Here is what OFA says:
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CBMQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.openfabrics.org%2Farchives%2Fspring2010sonoma%2FWednesday%2FLiran%2520Liss%2520RoCE%2520in%2520OFED%2Frocee_update_liss.ppt&ei=QW9lTfO-L8HYgQf2tdHhBw&usg=AFQjCNEPltfVwWeZ2d4uvaj1wMpumcxrEw&sig2=PpybWkpAlTR417uCB4guaQ
-----
Slide 7:
Connection manager.

•Based on RDMACM
–OS IP stack used to resolve remote IP to DMAC and bind to outgoing Ethernet
interface
        •VLAN determined according to bound netdev
        •RoCEE device selected accordingly
–Network parameters (MTU, SL, timeout) obtained locally according to kernel
policy
–Connection proceeds with CM as in IB
------

It means that you have to bind device to specific vlan, and then RDMACM
automatically will obtain
SL/MTU/etc...So RDMACM supposed to hide all these "ib" details.

I remember that I updated the trunk to select by default RDMACM connection
manager for RoCE ports - https://svn.open-mpi.org/trac/ompi/changeset/22311

I'm not sure it the change made his way to any production version. I don't work
on this part code anymore :-)

Regards,

Pavel (Pasha) Shamis
---