I'm using openmpi 1.4.3. The cluster consist of two desktop with Intel
core 2 duo running on Ubuntu 10.04.

A weird thing that i found is that when I issued the command "env |
grep LD_LIBRARY_PATH" on the slave node, it showed the mpi lib path.
But when
I issude the command "ssh slave-node env | grep LD_LIBRARY_PATH" on
the master side to check the LD_LIBRARY_PATH of the slave node, it
showed nothing. Also, issuing the command "ssh master-node env | grep
LD_LIBRARY_PATH" on the slave side would return the correct mpi lib
path.

I tried to modify the .bashrc and the /etc/ld.so.conf.d/*.conf file to
configure the LD_LIBRARY_PATH on the slave node, but it seems to work
only locally. How can I set the LD_LIBRARY_PATH on the slave node
side, so that I can get the correct path when I use "ssh slave-node
env | grep LD_LIBRARY_PATH" on the master side?

Kong