LAM/MPI is dead; all the developers (including me) moved to Open MPI years ago
(literally).

Most of LAM's good ideas have been absorbed into Open MPI.

Switching from LAM to Open MPI is theoretically pretty easy - both use the
same-named wrapper compilers (mpicc, mpif77, etc). You should be able to simply
change your path to point to the Open MPI wrappers instead of the LAM wrappers
and then build as you normally would.

Sent from my phone. No type good.