At Tue, 19 Apr 2011 15:30:41 -0400, Gus Correa wrote:

Is it possible that the Intel compiler environment is not set?

Just in case, did you source the right Intel scripts to setup
the icc, icpc, and ifort environment?
Something like this (for a 64-bit machine):

source /opt/intel/composerxe-2011.1.107/bin/compilervars.csh intel64

and perhaps a similar command for icc/icpc.
Check the compiler documentation for details.

I did source that same startup file.

I only have ifort 12.0 in one of our machines here, no icc or icpc.
However, the OS is CentOS 5.4 64-bit,
and I compiled OpenMPI 1.4.3 there with gcc, g++ and ifort
without any problem.
I would guess you can do it with icc, icpc and ifort too.

Another possibility is some name mangling issue.
Maybe the leading double underscore on the C symbols?

I the OS is Centos 5 (not sure which version), 64bit, and OpenMPI 1.4.3.

I originally thought the configure was fine, but now tht I check through the config.log, I see that it had errors:

conftest.c(49): error #2379: cannot open source file "ac_nonexistent.h"
  #include <ac_nonexistent.h>

conftest.c(58): catastrophic error: $error directive: Normal Unix environment
        #error Normal Unix environment

conftest.c (102): error :expected and expression
 if (sizeof (( long long )))
                          ^
conftest.c (103): error :expected and expression
 if (sizeof (( long double )))
                            ^

conftest.c (104): error :expected and expression
 if (sizeof (( int8_t )))
                       ^

conftest.c (105): error :expected and expression
 if (sizeof (( uint8_t )))
                        ^
conftest.c (106): error :expected and expression
 if (sizeof (( int16_t )))
                        ^
conftest.c (107): error :expected and expression
 if (sizeof (( uint16_t )))
                         ^
and so on. Other errors occurred in
conftest.cpp
conftest.f

conftest.F
conftest.f90

Does anyone know what I am missing here?

Thanks.
Scott Ormiston