Hi Salvatore

Just in case ...
You say you have problems when you use "--mca btl openib,self".
Is this a typo in your email?
I guess this will disable the shared memory btl intra-node,
whereas your other choice "--mca btl_tcp_if_include ib0" will not.
Could this be the problem?

Here we use "--mca btl openib,self,sm",
to enable the shared memory btl intra-node as well,
and it works just fine on programs that do use collective calls.

My two cents,
Gus Correa

Salvatore Podda wrote:
We are still struggling we these problems. Actually the new version of intel compilers does not seem to be the real issue. We clash against the same errors using also the `gcc' compilers. We succeed in building an openmi-1.2.8 (with different compiler flavours) rpm from the installation of the cluster section where all seems to work well. We are now doing a severe IMB benchmark campaign.

However, yes this happen only whe we use the --mca btl openib,self, on the contrary if we use
--mca btl_tcp_if_include ib0 all works well.
Yes we can try the flag you suggest. I can check on the FAQ and on the opem-mpi.org documentation,
 but can you be so kindly to explain the meaning of this flag?

Thanks

Salvatore Podda