Hi,

I just upgraded from the default ompi install on OS X 10.6 to v1.5.3
so that I can use the processor affinity options.  However there seems
to be some trouble.  My mpi application executes perfectly with the
following CL statement:
/usr/local/openmpi-1.5.3/bin/mpiexec --host `hostname` --np 2
*APPLICATIONANDARGS*
but this fails:
/usr/local/openmpi-1.5.3/bin/mpiexec --host `hostname` --np 2
--cpus-per-proc 2 *APPLICATIONANDARGS*
saying:
An attempt to set processor affinity has failed - please check to
ensure that your system supports such functionality. If so, then
this is probably something that should be reported to the OMPI developers.
mpiexec was unable to start the specified application as it
encountered an error:

Error name: No such file or directory
Node: hrle03274.<BASEURLNAME DELETED>

when attempting to start process rank 0.
2 total processes failed to start

this also fails:
/usr/local/openmpi-1.5.3/bin/mpiexec --host `hostname` --np 2
--bind-to-core *APPLICATIONANDARGS*
saying the exact same thing.

I configured the install with:
./configure --with-hwloc=internal --prefix=/usr/local/openmpi-1.5.3/

any help in getting this working would be greatly appreciated as the
process jumping from core to core is killing my system responsiveness.

Thanks,
Karl