There should not be any issue is checkpointing a C++ vs C program
using the 'self' checkpointer. The self checkpointer just looks for a
particular function name to be present in the compiled program binary.
Something to try is to run 'nm' on the compiled C++ program and make
sure that the 'self' checkpointing functions are present in the
output.

If you can post a small repeater program if the above does not help,
then I can file a ticket and see if someone can take a look.

Thanks,
Josh