OMPI has no way of knowing that you will turn the node on at some future point.
All it can do is try to launch the job on the provided node, which fails
because the node doesn't respond.

You'll have to come up with some scheme for telling the node to turn on in
anticipation of starting a job - a resource manager is typically used for that
purpose.