Hi,

Am 27.09.2011 um 16:00 schrieb Wiegers, Bert:

we have a clustersetup with all nodes slot=1 (although 12 cores are present).
Now we would like to alternate the machinefile for a specific User.

I found this hint:
http://www.open-mpi.org/faq/?category=tm

Is this still valid?
We have openMPI v 1.4.3 running.
Trying to generate an own machinefile seems to fail - so far.

defining 12 slots and request the machines exclusive is not an option?

The only way to get it working otherwise is to unset $JOB_ID and so on, so that Open MPI is not aware that it is running under PBS (or disable the tm completely --without-tm if I'm not mistaken. But then you lose a tight integration (at least when you are running across multiple nodes).

-- Reuti

Cheers,
Bert