Hi Jorge

Aha!  A serial executable.  I guessed it right!  :)
But Ralph certainly came up with the simpler solution: use mpirun.

As for the other question:

If you are using Torque/PBS to launch the job,
put this line in your PBS script:

cd $PBS_O_WORKDIR

which will put you in the work directory on all nodes
(assuming that directory is NFS mounted as you said).

If you are launching mpirun directly, use the -path option,
to specify the full path of your executable.

Actually, the best thing is to read carefully 'man mpirun',
to get the details right.
[Make sure you're reading the *OpenMPI mpirun* man page,
not from another MPI flavor.]

Good luck!

My two cents,
Gus Correa

Jorge Jaramillo wrote:
Thanks for all your suggestions.

Yes, indeed what I'm trying to do is execute a serial program. All the documentation you mention was pretty useful. I have another question, if mpirun launches several copies of the program on the different hosts, does it mean that I must have a copy of the program on all the nodes, because I'm using NFS to share the location were my program is installed and it seems to work fine when I execute mpirun with simple scripts.

Jorge.