We are using hwloc-1.2.2 for topology binding in Open Grid
Scheduler/Grid Engine 2011.11, and a user is encountering similar
issues:

http://gridengine.org/pipermail/users/2011-December/002126.html

In Open MPI, there is the configure switch "--without-libnuma" to turn
libnuma off. But since Open MPI uses hwloc internally, I think there
still is a dependency on libnuma even if "--without-libnuma" is used
to build Open MPI. Also, as hwloc does not have a configure switch
that disables libnuma, seems like libnuma is always used when the
hwloc configure script detects its presence.

So my question is, are there plans to add a configure switch in hwloc
to disable libnuma??

Thanks,
Rayson

Open Grid Scheduler / Grid Engine