On Dec 14, 2011, at 4:01 PM, Ralph Castain wrote:

>> As far as I know, there is no support for some MPI-2 features in the shared
>> memory BTL as dynamic process creation or port connection. Are you planning
>> to include this support?
>
> It depends on what exactly you mean. Dynamically spawned processes do use the
> shared memory BTL between themselves, but not with the processes in their
> parent job. We plan to support that as well at some future time.

...when enough people ask for it.  :-)

We've talked about supporting this for a long time, but to be blunt, there
hasn't been enough demand for it to justify spending the time to figure out all
the issues and implement it properly.  :-(

Patches would be welcome, though!  :-)

For corporate legal information go to: