Andre,
you should not need the OpenMPI sources.

Install the openmpi-devel package from the same source
(zypper install openmpi-devel if you have that science repository enabled)
This will give you the mpi.h file and other include files, libraries
and manual pages.

That is a convention in Suse-style distros - the devel package
contains the stuf you need to 'develop'