On Feb 3, 2012, at 6:28 AM, adrian sabou wrote:

> You were right about iptables being very complex. It seems that uninstalling
> it completly did the trick. All my Send / Receive operations now complete as
> they should. Just one more question. Will uninstalling iptables have any
> undesired effects on my Linux cluster?

It means you have no firewalling on your cluster.  This is basically a local
policy decision on your part.  I know Linux admins who swear by iptables and
would never run without it.  I know other Linux admins who think it's
completely unnecessary (and can be replaced with things like appropriate ssh
host controls, NAT, switch-level policies, etc.).

You should probably read more about firewalls and security and make a local
decision for yourself.

For corporate legal information go to: