Hi Ralph,

Thanks for your quick response. I am using ssh without a passphrase, so
there was no need to start ssh-agent (ssh works as you can see from the
email I sent to George a little while ago . cc'd to users).

Anyway, I installed ssh-agent as you suggested in case ompi/orte accessed
it, but it made no difference.

Please let me know if you have any other thoughts.

Cheers,

Jim