On 03/20/2012 08:35 AM, Gunter, David O wrote:
I wish it were that easy.  When I go that route, I get error messages like the
following when trying to compile the parallel code with Intel:

libmpi.so:  undefined reference to `__intel_sse2_strcpy'

and other messages for every single Intel-implemented standard C-function.

-david
--

There was a suggestion in the snipped portion which suggested you use gcc/g++ together with ifort; that doesn't appear to be what you mean by "that route." (unless you forgot to recompile your .c files by gcc) You have built some objects with an Intel compiler (either ifort or icc/icpc) which is referring to this Intel library function, but you apparently didn't link against the library which provides it. If you use one of those Intel compilers to drive the link, and your environment paths are set accordingly, the Intel libraries would be linked automatically. There was a single release of the compiler several years ago (well out of support now) where that sse2 library was omitted, although the sse3 version was present.

--
Tim Prince