Did you install Open MPI on a network share, or is it installed locally on each
machine?

If you installed it locally on each machine, you may want to double check your
installation on AV8 to ensure it was installed correctly.

Also, you might want to double check that Open MPI is available at the same
paths on every machine one which you're trying to run (e.g., if you installed
in /opt/openmpi on one machine, make sure you installed on /opt/openmpi on all
machines).  You don't *have* to do this -- Open MPI *can* run if it's installed
in different directories on each machine -- but it's *significantly* simpler if
Open MPI is installed in the same directory on each machine.

On Aug 26, 2012, at 10:59 PM, Ralph Castain wrote:

> I have no further ideas, I'm afraid. The only thing I can see is that your
> directory tree doesn't look right - if /usr/local is your prefix, then there
> should be a /usr/local/lib/openmpi directory, and the .la's should be in
> there.
>
> You might try reinstalling it to somewhere other than /usr/local - perhaps
> put it somewhere under your home directory instead so you don't need root
> permissions to do the install. See if the directory tree looks any different.
>
> It would also help to see your configure line, and know something more about
> your system. It looks like you have slurm, so I assume this is some kind of
> Linux box?
>

> On Aug 26, 2012, at 7:23 PM, Shanthini Kannan <shanthin...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hello Ralph,
>> /usr/local/lib is in my LD_LIBRARY_PATH.
>> I am running the right version of mpirun and I do have all permissions on
>> them.
>>
>> Thanks!
>> Shanthini
>>
>> On Fri, Aug 24, 2012 at 7:30 PM, Ralph Castain <r...@open-mpi.org> wrote:
>> And just to be sure - /usr/local/lib is in your ld_lib_path, yes?
>>
>> You might also check the permissions to ensure you can read them. Also,
>> check "which mpirun" - let's make sure you are running the one you think!
>>
>> On Aug 24, 2012, at 4:22 PM, Shanthini Kannan <shanthin...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Thanks Ralph.
>>> My prefix is /usr/local and I see that mca_ess_env.la is present in
>>> /usr/local/lib directory.
>>>
>>> -bash-4.2# pwd
>>> /usr/local/lib
>>> -bash-4.2# ls mca_ess*
>>> mca_ess_env.la  mca_ess_singleton.la  mca_ess_slurm.la   mca_ess_tool.la
>>> mca_ess_env.so  mca_ess_singleton.so  mca_ess_slurm.so   mca_ess_tool.so
>>> mca_ess_hnp.la  mca_ess_slave.la      mca_ess_slurmd.la