Hi,

I get strange results if I use a tab instead of a space as a
delimiter in an appfile. Perhaps I've missed something but I
can't remember that I read that tabs are not allowed.

Tab between 2 and -host.

-np 2   -host tyr.informatik.hs-fulda.de rank_size

tyr small_prog 144 mpiexec -app app_rank_size.openmpi_fulda
mpiexec was unable to launch the specified application as it could
  not find an executable:

Executable: tyr.informatik.hs-fulda.de
Node: tyr.informatik.hs-fulda.de

while attempting to start process rank 0.
2 total processes failed to start
tyr small_prog 145

Tab between -host and tyr.

-np 2 -host     tyr.informatik.hs-fulda.de rank_size

tyr small_prog 145 mpiexec -app app_rank_size.openmpi_fulda
mpiexec was unable to launch the specified application as it could
  not find an executable:

Executable: -o
Node: tyr.informatik.hs-fulda.de

while attempting to start process rank 0.
2 total processes failed to start
tyr small_prog 146

Tab before rank_size.

-np 2 -host tyr.informatik.hs-fulda.de  rank_size

tyr small_prog 147 mpiexec -app app_rank_size.openmpi_fulda
No executable was specified on the mpiexec command line.

Aborting.
tyr small_prog 148

Everything works fine if I only use spaces.

tyr small_prog 132 mpiexec -app app_rank_size.openmpi_fulda
I'm process 1 of 2 available processes running on tyr.informatik.hs-fulda.de.
I'm process 0 of 2 available processes running on tyr.informatik.hs-fulda.de.
MPI standard 2.1 is supported.
MPI standard 2.1 is supported.

Is it possible to change the behaviour so that both tab and space
can be used as delimiter?

Kind regards

Siegmar