On Wed, Sep 12, 2012 at 10:23 AM, Ralph Castain <r...@open-mpi.org> wrote:

> On Sep 12, 2012, at 9:55 AM, Brian Budge <brian.bu...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Wed, Aug 17, 2011 at 12:05 AM, Simone Pellegrini
>> <spellegr...@dps.uibk.ac.at> wrote:

>>> yes, I could do that. No problem.
>>>
>>> thanks again, Simone
>>
>> Hi all -
>>
>> Did this ever get resolved?
>
> Not sure to what you are referring - this thread ran all over the place, and
> I confess I've lost track.
>
>>  I've been having trouble specifying the
>> hosts to run my spawned processes on.  Is there an example of how to
>> do this?
>
> Did you look at "man MPI_Comm_spawn"? It lists all the info keys we recognize
> and what they do
>
>>  Also, I'm assuming that any host given must also be listed
>> in the hostfile?
>
> Not in the updated 1.6 branch and above - to include the upcoming 1.6.2
> release.

Hi Ralph -

I'm using a nightly build of 1.6.2. I have tried the following:

* Run the master process as a singleton OR via mpirun without setting
any host information via env or command line
Set the MPI_Info "host" key to the comma delimited list of hosts
Launch the processes via MPI_Comm_spawn

Result:  All processes run on the same node that runs the singleton.

* Run the master process as a singleton OR via mpirun without setting
any host information via env or command line
Set the MPI_Info "host" key to an individual host for each info in an
array of info objects
Launch the processes via MPI_Comm_spawn_multiple

Result:  "There are no allocated resources for the application
  ./driver
that match the requested mapping:

Verify that you have mapped the allocated resources properly using the
--host or --hostfile specification"

If I set the hostfile via environment variable, or if I run with
mpirun and set the hostfile via the command line, everything works as
expected.  Is there something additional to the MPI_Info key "host"
that needs to be set?

Thanks,
  Brian