>> You sound like our vendors, "what is your app"
>
> ;-) I used to be one.
>
> Ideally OMPI should do the switch between MXM/RC/XRC internally in the
> transport layer. Unfortunately,
> we don't have such smart selection logic. Hopefully IB vendors will fix some
> day.

I actually looked in the openib-hca.ini (working from memory) to try and find
what the default queues were, and I actually couldn't figure it out. The
ConnectX entry doesn't have a default, and the 'default default'  also doesn't
have an entry.

I need to dig into ompi_info, got distracted by an intel compiler bug, ADD for
admin/user support folks.

>> Note most of our users run just fine with the standard Peer-Peer queues,
>> default out the box OpenMPI.
>
> The P2P queue is fine, but most like using XRC your users will observe better
> performance. This is not just scalability.

Cool thanks for all the input, I wonder why peer-to-peer is the default, I know
XRC requires hardware support,