For each communicator OMPI manages a table of collective functions. In order to
pass the communicator initialization, the table should be filled with functions.
The "tuned" component doesn't provide all functions (at least it used to be
this way). In order fill the table
you should use tuned,basic collectives. The tuned component has higher
priority, therefore if tuned function is available, it is used by default.
Otherwise basic component is used. This was a short background on collectives
implementation :)

By default Open MPI configured to used tuned, so you don't have to pass any
special parameters.

Pavel (Pasha) Shamis
---
Computer Science Research Group
Computer Science and Math Division
Oak Ridge National Laboratory

On Feb 13, 2013, at 12:56 AM, Vishwanath Venkatesan