Hi Tetsuya Mishima

In your example, have you tried not to modify the node file,
launch two mpi processes with mpiexec, and request a "-bynode" distribution of
processes:

mpiexec -bynode -np 2 ./my_program

This should launch one MPI process in each of two nodes.
See 'man mpiexec' for details.
Works in OMPI 1.6.
I don't know about OMPI 1.7.

You can continue to ask for two nodes with four processors/cores each in your
Torque script,
say:
#PBS -l nodes=2:ppn=4
to use the remaining cores for the OpenMP threads.

I hope this helps,
Gus Correa