Hi List,

I've encountered an issue today - building an openmpi 1.6.4 from source rpm, on a machine which has cuda-5 (latest) installed, resulted in openmpi always using the cuda headers and libs.
I should mention that I have added the cuda libs dir to ldconfig, and the bin dir to the path (nvcc is in path).
When building openmpi 1.6.4 (rpmbuild --rebuild openmpi.src.rpm) the package is automatically build with cuda.
I have tried to define --without-cuda , --disable-cuda, --disable-cudawrapers but the rpm is always built with cuda, and fails to install as the required libs are not in rpmdb.
If installing with --disable-vt, cuda is not looked for or installed.
So i guess my question is two-fold:
1. Is this by design? from the FAQ (http://www.open-mpi.org/faq/?category=building#build-cuda) I was sure cuda is not built by default.
2. Is there a way to keep vampirtrace without cuda?

The reason I don't want cuda in mpi is due to the target cluster characteristics: Except for 1 node, it will have no gpus, so I saw no reason to deploy cuda to it. unfortunately, I had to use the single node with cuda as the compilation node, as it was the only node with complete development packages.

I can always mv the cuda dirs during build phase, but I'm wandering if this is how openmpi build is supposed to behave.