We actually talked about this some more on our weekly teleconf today.  It seems
like your compiler is being incorrect here: there is an explicit cast in the
code from an int to a bool; it's a way for the developer to tell the compiler
"I know what I'm doing".

The compiler is does not seem to be correct here.  Perhaps there's a way you
can have the compiler suppress this warning...?