Hello All:

I'm trying to "configure" OpenMPI 1.7.2 on a 64 bit Linux platform (Scientific Linux 6.4, kernel 2.6.32-358.14.1.el6.x86_64). Configure is able to find clapack.h in /usr/local/include but does not find the library libclapack.so (or libclapack.a) stored in /usr/local/lib64. I have put LDFLAGS="-L/usr/local/lib64" in the configure script, to no avail. I also put /usr/local/lib64 in LD_LIBRARY_PATH at the shell level but to no avail as well; adding an entry in /etc/ld.so.conf.d did not help. Even copying the library to /usr/lib64 did not help configure. And although the header file was found in /usr/local/include, putting the library in /usr/local/lib did not improve things.

I would be grateful to whomever can help me understand the problem.

In attachment:
gnubuild.bz2: the script invoking configure with all the options
config.out.bz2: the output of the configure run

Regards,

Guy Paulus