That's really weird: I know that mpirun works (at least the old mpirun coming with PGI's compiler's MPICH1), and I've make installed the new Openmp 1.6.5. I've installed it in a custom folder (under /home/Software/) so it may be that it's not a path in which the OS looks for the MPI libraries: should I set some environmental variable and/or source commands for pointing the bash shell to the installed Openmp?

Ralph Castain <r...@open-mpi.org> ha scritto:

Given what you report, you don't even have MPI installed on your machine. The output you provided indicates that no mpicc and no mpiexec have been installed on your machine, and so none of the MPI implementations have actually been installed.