I only get the correct output when I use the more "conventional" syntax:

call MPI_Allreduce(a_loc,a,2,MPI_INTEGER,MPI_SUM,MPI_COMM_WORLD,ierr)

However, I get the wrong output when I use MPI_IN_PLACE:

MPI_Allreduce(MPI_IN_PLACE,a,2,MPI_INTEGER,MPI_SUM,MPI_COMM_WORLD,ierr)

hence my question to this forum in the first place.

I also tried the code snippet at

and that doesn't work for me either, i.e. all I get is zeros.

--
  Hugo Gagnon