Hi All, new to the list here.  I'm running into an error while trying to
configure:

shell$ ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/Cellar/open-mpi/1.7.3
--disable-silent-rules --enable-ipv6

Here is a blurb from the config.log (which I have attached as well):

configure:29606: checking if Fortran compiler works
configure:29635: /usr/local/bin/gfortran -o conftest    conftest.f  >&5
  "__gfortran_set_options", referenced from:
      _main in cccSAmNO.o
configure:29635: $? = 1
configure: program exited with status 1
configure: failed program was:
|       program main
|
|       end
configure:29651: result: no
configure:29665: error: Could not run a simple Fortran program.  Aborting.

I have tested my gfortran compiler on some simple "Hello World" programs
and it works just fine.  I am having trouble diagnosing the problem and any
and all help would be appreciated.  Here are my specs:

mac os x 10.8.4
gcc and gfortran 4.8.2 (both installed using homebrew)
open-mpi 1.7.3

Best,

Raiden