Hi Siddhartha,

MPI_Send/Recv in Open MPI implements both protocols and chooses based on the
message size which one to use.
You can use the mca parameter "btl_sm_eager_limit" to modify the behaviour.

Here the corresponding info obtained from the ompi_info tool:

"btl_sm_eager_limit" (current value: <4096>, data source: default value)
Maximum size (in bytes) of "short" messages (must be >= 1)

Regards
Christoph Niethammer

--

Christoph Niethammer
High Performance Computing Center Stuttgart (HLRS)

Tel: ++49(0)711-685-87203
email: nietham...@hlrs.de
http://www.hlrs.de/people/niethammer