On Dec 16, 2013, at 2:24 PM, Gus Correa <g...@ldeo.columbia.edu> wrote:

> A question, for the benefit of OMPI 1.6.5 users (stable-version die hards
> like us here).
> When fixes like Ake's are applied to a stable version,
> do they make it to the (1.6.5) tarball or to some other code base?

They are currently going into the 1.6.x nightly tarballs.  For example, I just
committed some minor fixes last week, and then Ake's fix today (and another
long-standing trivial fix) to the 1.6 branch, which automatically triggers a
nightly tarball build:

    http://www.open-mpi.org/nightly/v1.6/

> How innocuous would it be not to apply the the typo fix
> caught by Ake, and keep OMPI 1.6.5 programs running?
> Would opal be lobotomized?

Nah, that was a totally trivial fix.  It won't affect the correctness or
performance of your Open MPI 1.6.x installation.

For corporate legal information go to: