On Feb 13, 2014, at 10:59 PM, Saliya Ekanayake <esal...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Anyway, to answer your question I was trying to do sendrecv in a chain where
> "toSend" and "receiveFrom" ranks are not the same. I was using a single
> buffer, which resulted in cases where the buffer content got replaced with
> received values before being able to send its original content. I think it
> was an error on my side to use a single buffer in a pipeline sendrecev. I
> fixed it by having two buffers.

That is correct: MPI_SENDRECV does not guarantee any ordering.

> I guess still with MPI_IN_PLACE this could happen. Please correct me here if
> I am wrong.

That is also correct.  You could, however, use MPI_SENDRECV_REPLACE.  It's not
much more efficient than providing your own two buffers (i.e., OMPI will alloc
a temporary receive buffer, and when the send is done, it'll copy from the temp
to the send buffer).

For corporate legal information go to: