Hi Rob,

On 8/6/2014 1:32 PM, Rob Latham wrote:

On 08/06/2014 11:50 AM, Mohamad Chaarawi wrote:

If I use mpich 3.1.2 , I don't see those issues.

What Mohamad forgot to tell you is that he doesn't see those issues because I patched them on monday.

If I understood right, your patch was to fix the hindexed_block type in ROMIO.. However the failure in OMPI was in the datatype creation itself, which doesn't have to do with ROMIO or mpich.

The other issue I reported (with using 0 sized datatypes for some processes), worked with an unpatched version of mpich 3.1.2 (I think), since I was using hindexed and hvector (not hindexed_block).

Note that the replicator I have here is slightly different from the one I sent a few days ago.

Thanks,
Mohamad

ROMIO has some HINDEXED_BLOCK fixes that OMPI should pick up on the next romio resync. You are on your own with ompio!

==rob