Dear Open MPI fans and experts

This is just a note in case other people run into the same problem.

I just built Open MPI 1.8.3.
As usual I put my old settings on openmpi-mca-params.conf,
with no further thinking.
Then I compiled the connectivity_c.c program and tried
to run it with mpiexec.
That is a routine that never failed before.

Bummer!
I've got a segmentation fault right away.

After some head scratching, checking my environment, etc,
I thought I might have configured OMPI incorrectly.
Hence, I tried to get information from ompi_info.
Oh well, ompi_info also segfaulted!

It took me a while to realize that the runtime parameter
configuration file was the culprit.

When I inserted the runtime parameter settings one by one,
the segfault came with this one:

rmaps_base_schedule_policy = core

Ompi_info (when I got it to work) told me that the parameter above
is now a deprecated synonym of:

rmaps_base_mapping_policy = core

In any case, the old synonym doesn't work and makes ompi_info and
mpiexec segfault (and I'd guess anything else that requires the OMPI runtime components).
Only the new parameter name works.

***

I am also missing in the ompi_info output the following
(OMPI 1.6.5) parameters (not reported by ompi_info --all --all):

1) orte_process_binding
2) orte_report_bindings
3) opal_paffinity_alone

Are they gone forever?

Are there replacements for them, with approximately the same functionality?

Is there a list comparing the new (1.8) vs. old (1.6)
OMPI runtime parameters, and/or any additional documentation
about the new style of OMPI 1.8 runtime parameters?

Since there seems to have been a major revamping of the OMPI
runtime parameters, that would be a great help.

Thank you,
Gus Correa