On 10/22/2014 12:37 AM, r...@q-leap.de wrote:

> It seems the half-life period of knowledge on the list has decayed to
> two weeks on the list :)
>
> I've commented in detail on this (non-)issue on 2014-08-20:
>
> http://www.open-mpi.org/community/lists/users/2014/08/25090.php

I read that.  It seems pretty clear what the problem is, but not so clear on
what a user experiencing this problem should do about it.

So for people who are using ubuntu 14.04 and openmpi-1.6.5 and 64 GB nodes.

Should they:
* bump log_mtts_per_seg from 3 to 4 (64GB) or 5 (128GB)?
* ignore the error message because it doesn't apply?
* ditch ubuntu's packagedopenmpi 1.6.5 and all the packages that depends on
  it and install something newer than 1.8.2rc4?

I also found:
  http://www.open-mpi.org/community/lists/users/2013/02/21430.php

It was similarly vague as to if it was a real problem and exactly what the fix
is.