Since I can't upgrade the system packages anyway (due to dependencies), I installed version 1.8.3. The bug is fixed in this version.

Thank you
Sebastian

On 29.10.2014 16:03, Jeff Squyres (jsquyres) wrote:
Can you at least upgrade to 1.4.5?  That's the last release in the 1.4.x series.

Note that you can always install Open MPI as a normal/non-root user (e.g.,
install it into your $HOME, or some such).