Brock,

Is your post related to ib0/eoib0 being used at all, or being used with load
balancing ?

let me clarify this :
--mca btl ^openib
disables the openib btl aka *native* infiniband.
This does not disable ib0 and eoib0 that are handled by the tcp btl.
As you already figured out, btl_tcp_if_include (or btl_tcp_if_exclude) can be
used for that purpose.

Cheers,

Gilles