Hi,

While checking for memory issues related with CGNS 2.5.5, on a test
machine, the following output is display when just opening and closing CGNS
file.

Can anybody please help me on this?
This machine is Centos 7 (minimal installation) with GCC 4.8.3 and CentOS
7. The gcc compiler is used. The CGNS library is statically compiled
locally with default configuration option.

===================
before open:files 0/0: memory 0/0
after  open:files 1/1: memory 969250618/969250618
no CGNS error reported
no CGNS error reported
before close:files 1/1: memory 969250618/969250618
after  close:files 0/0: memory 969250618/969250618
no CGNS error reported
===================

I am still not able to conclude on whether it is a OS/machine/CGNSLib
problem? Should I compile with dynamic option?

If I use MPI and open CGNS file only for reading, should it occupy whole
memory on each processor? Ideally it should free memory after cg_close(),
but it is not freeing.

Also, in major cases, the CGNS file would be of size of more than 2GB. Do I
need to compile with any specific flags?

Please help.
Thanks.

--
regards,